The Duet 2 uses a regulated power supply with the following specifications:
- Input: AC 100-240v, 50-60Hz (same unit can be used in U.S., Europe, and Asia)
- Output: DC 5V, 2 Amps (2000mA)
- Barrel Size: 2.1mm inside diameter x 5.5mm outside diameter
- Center Pin: Positive
WARNING: These specifications are for the Duet 2 only! They do not apply to the Duet for iPad & Mac. Plugging in the wrong power supply can damage the device.
Under normal conditions, Apogee recommends (not) using the Duet 2 power supply. It is meant to be used only in extreme cases where the Duet 2 would need more power.
(i.e., certain microphones, using two mics that require phantom power, etc.)
- Not using the power supply will have no effect on sound quality or performance.
- If you should ever need to use the power supply, a dialog box would appear on the computer screen prompting you to plug it in.