Symptom: AD/DA-16x displays 00.00 and is not operational.
Solution: The "00.00" on the 16X can occur by inadvertently entering update mode by pressing PREV and NEXT or a failed firmware update attempt. To recover requires a removable EPROM. Apogee Support can arrange for you to order a replacement EPROM directly from Apogee with instructions on its installation. Use the EPROM labeled E33 in the AD16X Use the EPROM labeled 932 in the DA16X
To replace the EPROM:
- Unplug the host unit and remove the top cover.
- Locate the EPROM U9
- Locate the semi-circular notch at one end of U9, and note its orientation.
- Carefully remove the EPROM by gently prying each end of the chip until it may be easily removed by hand. Take care not to damage the circuit board.
- Gently place the new EPROM on top of the socket, taking care to correctly orient the semi-circular notch.
- After verifying that all the EPROM’s legs are correctly inserted, firmly press the EPROM into the socket.
- Hold the PREV button while turning the power on.
- Display should read 203 for the AD-16X and 207 for the DA-16X.
- Turn power off.
Please note that these EPROM’s are re-programmable; return of old EPROM’s to Apogee is appreciated.