If you're not able to get any audio input/output in your DAW with Symphony I/O MkII, there are a couple things to check:
- Confirm that the connection icon on the Symphony's front-panel touchscreen is blue (the connection icon is located in the upper right-side corner of the touchscreen). If the icon is orange, try unplugging/replugging the Thunderbolt cable from your Mac to your Symphony. If the icon is still orange after reconnecting the Thunderbolt cable, confirm that you have the current Symphony I/O software installed on your Mac.
- Do you have the Symphony I/O MkII selected as your default i/o in your DAW and 'Audio MIDI Setup' (Applications Utilities 'Audio MIDI Setup') ?
- Perform a Hard Reset to default the routing as shown here.
- Unless you have the Mic-Pre module installed in your Symphony I/O MkII, you can not connect microphones directly to the analog inputs of the i/o modules, as the inputs do not have mic-pres and are Line-Level only.
- On the lower right of Symphony Control check that the outputs aren't muted or turned down too low. If you're using Speaker Sets on the main outputs, check that the correct speaker set it selected.