To prevent draining the battery on your iPad or iPhone, the JAM Plus only passes audio through the built-in headphone jack when the LED turns green.
The LED turns from blue to green when you:
- Playback audio from an application (like iTunes, Spotify, Pandora, YouTube, etc.). As soon as playback stops, the light turns blue again to save power.
- Have a recording application open (like Garageband, Audacity, Music Memos, etc.)
NOTE that the input Blend feature only works when the LED is green.
Here are some other reasons you may have trouble hearing audio through the headphone jack on your JAM+:
- Is the JAM’s LED blue? If so, this means that you don’t have recording software open. Launch a recording app and wait for the LED to turn green- then you’re ready to go.
- Is the JAM’s output muted or turned down too low? Confirm that the output volume is turned up enough on your Mac, PC, or iOS device by using the built-in computer or iOS device volume controls. If you’re using a Mac or PC, make sure that the audio output level is set for JAM + on your computer.
- If your recording app has input monitor buttons on its tracks, make sure you have monitoring turned on in your recording app.