Duet 3 Highlights
- Best-in-class Apogee conversion and mic preamps
- 2x4 USB Type C audio interface
- Up to 24-bit, 192kHz recording
- Low profile design with aluminum body
- Scratch resistant top
- Precision balanced backlit knob
- Input and output connections via breakout cable:
- 2x ¼” Instrument inputs
- 2x Mic/line inputs
- 2x ¼” Balanced outputs
- ⅛” Zero-Ohm Stereo headphone output
- 2 USB Type C ports for connection and external power as needed
- Bus-powered / External power optional via second USB Type C port as needed
- On-board hardware DSP for low-latency recording with Apogee FX
- Symphony ECS Channel Strip* - Hardware DSP FX included
- macOS and Windows 10 compatible
- Add the Duet Dock* accessory for the ultimate desktop studio experience
- Stylish, padded travel case included
*Symphony ECS Channel Strip native plugin and Duet Dock Sold Separately
Duet 3 FAQ's
Q: Is Duet 3 compatible with Apple Silicon Macs with the M1 processor?
- Yes, the Apogee Duet 3 is compatible with Apple Silicon Macs (Intel Macs too).
Q: Is Duet 3 compatible with iPad OS and iOS devices?
At the time of launch, Duet 3 will offer partial compatibility with iPad OS and iOS devices:
- Streaming of input and output audio to and from iPad OS and iOS device
- Selection of input or output source (IN1, IN2, HP, SP) using Duet 3 control knob
- Adjustment of selected input level source and output volume source using Duet 3 control knob
To change parameters like input source (mic/line/instrument), hardware DSP settings, grouping of input channels, phantom power or any other software-only control/feature you will need to make the change while the Duet 3 is connected to your Mac or Windows computer, then reconnect to your iPad OS or iOS device.
Note: Duet 3 includes USB Type C to Type C cable for connection to iPads with Type C connectors.
Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter is required for connecting Duet 3 to Lightning/iOS devices
A dedicated control App for Duet 3 and iPad OS/iOS devices is in the roadmap, but the release date is to be announced. Please watch the Duet 3 page for updates.
Q: Is the conversion on the same par as the Symphony Desktop? Is it basically a Symphony Desktop just without the mic preamp emulation?
- No. Duet 3 offers one of the best high quality audio portable solutions in its class and has its own preamp and converter design separate from the Symphony Desktop.
Q: What's the improvements of the Duet 3 over the previous Duet?
- Duet 3 is a completely new design based on the latest analog and digital innovation from Apogee. The result is a new generation of best-in-class sound quality improvements, including significantly better dynamic range and an even better sounding headphone amplifier that uses our Zero-Ohm technology.
- Duet 3 also includes embedded DSP for processing audio on input to appeal to artists that want to monitor with the lowest latency possible
|Symphony Desktop||Duet 3||Duet for iPad & Mac|
|10 (2 Mic/Line + 8 ADAT)||2||2|
|Outputs||14 (6 Anlg + 8 ADAT)||4 (Main + HP)||4 (Main + HP)|
|Control of settings?||Touchscreen & Mac/Win Control App||Knob, Mac/Win Control App||
Knob, Mac/Win Control App
|Apogee Alloy Preamps||Neve, Ampex||_||_|
|Plug-ins||ECS, All FX Plug-ins||ECS||_|
|Dual Path capability?||Yes||No, print FX only||_|
|iOS compatibility?||Yes||Partial now, Fully in Future||Yes Lightning, Partial USB-C iOS devices|
Q: Is ECS Channel Strip included and able to use hardware DSP?
- Yes, the ECS Channel Strip is included on Duet Hardware’s DSP allowing you to record with near zero latency and print your FX. The native version of the ECS channel strip $99.00 is available at 50% off when you purchase an Apogee Duet 3.
Q: Is on-board DSP available for mixing, or just when recording?
- The Duet onboard DSP ECS Channel Strip only processes audio when tracking or monitoring the Duet’s inputs. To use the ECS Channel Strip as a plugin on your mixes, you’ll need the native Symphony ECS Channel Strip plugin. Apogee plugins are available at a 50% discount at the point of purchase and at registration.
Q: Does it run third party DSP plugins?
- No, the Duet 3 internal DSP only runs the ECS Channels Strip.
Q: Is it USB Class-Compliant?
- Yes, all Apogee USB products are class compliant.
Q: Will Duet 3 work on USB bus power, or does it require external power supply?
- Computers with USB Type C ports supporting USB 3.0 and up should deliver enough bus power to operate the Duet 3.
- On computers with USB Type A ports (USB 1 and 2), there could be scenarios where insufficient power is available for Duet 3. Under these circumstances, you can use the additional USB-C port to provide the extra power needed.
Q: What is the second USB-C port for? Can I connect MIDI devices to this port?
- This port is used for connecting an external power supply only. It does not support any passthrough for other USB or MIDI devices.
Q: Could link to an Ensemble or a symphony for more I/O capabilities and control?
- No, the Duet 3 is not expandable. There is no expansion of I/O available.