At the time of launch, Duet 3 will offer partial compatibility with iPad OS and iOS devices:
- Streaming of input and output audio to and from iPad OS and iOS device
- Selection of input or output source (IN1, IN2, HP, SP) using Duet 3 control knob
- Adjustment of selected input level source and output volume source using Duet 3 control knob
Certain parameters require making the change while the Duet 3 is connected to your Mac or Windows computer, then reconnecting to your iPad OS or iOS device. These include:
- Input source (mic/line/instrument),
- Hardware DSP settings,
- Grouping of input channels,
- Phantom power
- Any other software-only control/feature
A dedicated control App for Duet 3 and iPad OS/iOS devices is in the roadmap, but the release date is to be announced. Until then, all software configuration must be carried out in Apogee Control 2 on a computer.
Note: Duet 3 includes USB Type C to Type C cable for connection to iPads with Type C connectors.
Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter and powered USB hub is required for connecting Duet 3 to Lightning/iOS devices. See this article for more details: How to connect Duet 3 to iPhone (or iPad with Lightning port)
For more info on the Duet 3, check out these great resources: