Apogee Symphony I/O MkII has an available Dante+PTHD audio networking Option Card configuration beginning in Summer 2019.
Complete Symphony I/O MkII Dante+PTHD configured systems can be ordered from an Authorized Dealer. Use our Dealer Locator to find Authorized Apogee Dealers around the world:
Compatible Symphony Dante+PT configurations:
– Symphony MkII with Dante+PT card only, no thunderbolt card
– Symphony MkII with Thunderbolt and Dante+PT cards in same chassis
See Configuration Details on our Dante Product Page: https://apogeedigital.com/products/symphony-io/dante
*Audio IO Module cards that can be used in above configurations:
– Connect 16 MP – (Dante only, TB operation coming soon)
– Connect 8×8 MP – (Dante only, TB operation coming soon)
– 16×16 original
– 8×8 original (all variants)
– 2×6 original (If in chassis with 2nd module card, 2×6 will only work in TOP slot)
– 2x6SE (If in chassis with 2nd module card, 2×6 will only work in TOP slot)
– 8 mic pre module card
(Incompatible cards: A16IP and A16OP listed page 12 of MkII User’s Guide – April 2017:
NO END-USER SHOULD BE INSTALLING DANTE OPTION CARDS THEMSELVES
Requires disassembling chassis and therefore is not end-user installable.
Symphony MkII chassis needs special firmware to enable Dante+PT recognition.
This firmware is already installed on Symphony mkII Dante+PT units ordered from the factory.
End users can order pre-made Dante+PT or Dante+PT + Thunderbolt Symphony configurations from an Authorized Dealer
For End User’s who already have a Symphony MkII, It must be sent to Authorized Dealer/Distributor/Repair Center for Dante+PT Card installation.
The following units can be converted:
– Symphony MkII Thunderbolt
– Symphony MkII *Pro Tools HD
– Symphony MkII with both Thunderbolt & *Pro Tools
*Pro Tools HD option cards will be replaced with Dante+PT cards. See Dealer/Distributor for pricing.
NOTE: Symphony units with WSG SoundGrid option card must be sent to Apogee in the US for conversion (fee applies)
Dante+PT interface mode:
No Apogee software is required. All Symphony functions controlled through front panel.
Audinate’s Dante Controller app is required for network audio routing and control. Details here: https://knowledgebase.apogeedigital.com/pending/getting-started-step-by-step-with-symphony-i-o-dante/
Note: Apogee Network Control software available late 2019.
Thunderbolt interface mode:
Run normal Symphony MkII 3.1 system software installer* for Thunderbolt operation.